Wednesday, June 30, 2010

and so on and so forth...

I know that I have already had my rant about how much I despise heat, but I’m just going to start out by saying that humidity is of the Devil. My hair has not looked this bad this consistently since I cut my own bangs in the second grade (the growing out process was brutal, to say the least). There is no point to straightening it because it curls. There is no point in wearing it curly because, somehow, as I make the trek from my house to my car, it ends up looking like cotton candy. AND I look like Elmer Fudd when I pull my hair back. My options are to either look like I just rolled out of a dumpster OR have hair that looks like something that comes on a stick at the fair. Great.

So, I had to face one of my biggest fears on Sunday evening. Public speaking. I know that you see statistics that list public speaking as the #1 fear of people around the world and that death is like, #4 or #5. Crazy right? Wrong. I would literally rather die than get up and say something to a group of people. Big group, little group, friends, strangers –it doesn’t matter – I detest it. I get tunnel vision, I get shaky, my voice gets 10 octaves higher than what it normally is, my sentences are peppered with “umm” and “uhh,” and I can’t seem to catch my breath until about 10 minutes AFTER I’m done. It’s bad. Anyways. I got the amazing opportunity to help lead worship at my church for our evening service. I have done it before and absolutely love doing that, so I happily accepted (it’s weird; I can sing in front of 1,000,000,000 people and never miss a beat; ask me to say 3 words and you might as well shoot me). SO – I kind of had a mini meltdown (to myself, of course) but then decided that I had to be a big girl. Luckily, I didn’t stumble over my words, say something bad, or pass out (all of which are very likely possibilities). I was SURPRISINGLY very comfortable once I got started. Granted, my hands shook for the remainder of the worship set, but no matter…I’m just hoping that my bravery/ comfortableness wasn’t just a one-time thing…

Next on the docket; work. Ah, glorious work. There is nothing I love more than sorting mail and then stuffing envelopes, complete with licking the seal. Yum. What I love even more than that is having oodles of free time on my hands… the good news is, I get all of my writing assignments, online shopping, news and blog reading and facebook-ing ALL out of the way. I have also resorted to day-dreaming and playing games in my mind. It’s a real blast.

The last topic on this list only consists of one word. And I loathe it; diet. Carbohydrates, the very thing that I held near and dear to my heart only 2 short days ago, are now my enemy. And I’m not even going to pretend that I’m sweet when I am depriving my body of food, because the THOUGHT of being nice makes me hungry. I’m mean. That being said, some idiot brought banana nut bread to work this morning. Awesome. I had a delicious palm-full of cheerios instead…nothing is easy about this.
I suppose this brings us to the conclusion of today’s thoughts and events. Someone go shopping and remind me what it’s like, seeing as the last purchase I made was dog treats. Also, if someone would like to eat an entire loaf of bread for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Bonne lecture, mes amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment