Friday, June 25, 2010

save, spend, repeat...

Yesterday I got an unexpected break from work. Being sick is never fun, although I'm not going to lie...I liked sleeping in. I sat up in my bed and went back and forth with myself for about 10 minutes, trying to debate whether or not I could/ should go into work. However, at the end of the 10 minutes, I decided that I should stay in, seeing as it would have been a real shame to toss my cookies on my desk... When I finally got my appetite back, yesterday was glorious. I met one of my best friends from high school for dinner at the best sushi establishment in the Ville, followed by frozen yogurt at my new favorite addiction, sweet cece's (I'm not sure that sushi and ice cream were the BEST choice for my fragile, easily-nauseated stomach, but whatevs..it was worth it). I can't decide if i enjoy Sweet CeCe's so much because of their product OR if its the fact that everything inside is pink and green and cute...either way, i'm obsessed. It's like a little cup full of happy.

Wednesday night was delightful (before the stomach wreching, of course) because I was delightfully entertained for 3 hours at the mall. It's my mothership of sorts. Now, with my newfound thrifty-ness, i had to think like a professional and be smart... The damage? 2 pairs of dressy-casual pants and an adorable blouse. Before you judge, let me just say that Banana was having a killer sale, and I made the purchase with my own money. that i earned. that was in my account...thank you very much.

Don't worry, my frugal-ness didn't last past the first level of the mall. I may or may not have made another purchase...it's bad and should probably be stopped for the sake of my finances, but I have come to the conclusion that this one, much like my shopping habit, can't be fixed. It's perfume. I'm obsessed with it. OBSESSED. I could have a different scent for every day of the week and still want more. To me, perfume is a magical elixer that comes in different tints and bottles with fascinating shapes. Potion-like, if you will. I buy it all. the. time. I WILL say that my parents get full blame for this; they are just as obsessive about fragrance as i am. I am thankful to have a male counterpart in my obsession. What's a friendship without one shared unhealthy obsession, right? One of the things that I enjoy about having him in my life is the fact that every time i even look at a perfume counter, MOST people will all but tackle me to get me away; he helps me rationalize why i need to buy yet another bottle. true friend. Sure, i'm out another $50 or $60, but I'll be the one that smells the best in the poor house...

Have a fabu weekend, dearies! I'll be back monday.

1 comment:

  1. Hello my love! ah you always make me laugh..oh yes, so the sushi and ice cream mixture?? Never realized how grossness that sounds, but it was phenom. A weekly repeat? Yes, please. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete