Thursday, June 17, 2010

An oasis in the office, the art of teasing, and a b.a.d. hair day...

it's happened. i met my match at work. today, in passing, i found a woman that was sporting Christian Louboutin's. oh. my. gosh. in case ya'll don't know, Christian Louboutin's have been a goal/dream/life wish of mine for years. i felt like i had been wandering alone in a desert and suddenly stumbled upon an oasis, only instead of water, this oasis has a perfect red sole and black leather...dreamy.

On to the next topic; my hair. I typically can get my hair to do what i want it to. it's naturally wavy, so i have the option to wear it like that or, of course, i can straighten it. typically, my hair is good to me. I have also -after YEARS of failed attempts- learned the art of teasing my hair. Sure, it will all probably all be completely GONE by the time i'm 40 because of how damaging it is, but with the right comb, brush, and bottle of perfect hairspray (Aussie Instant Freeze, if you're curious), I can somewhat achieve the Brigitte Bardot thing that I'm aiming for. Except this morning. I got off to a slightly delayed start, so i made the executive deciscion to pull my hair back today... not usually my BEST look, but I was in a hurry, as i could NOT be late twice in one week. Ya'll...it's bad. Like i said, early 60's icon is what i usually go for. ok, today, i look like Norman Bates' mother in "Psycho."

ok, question...Is it just me or do you always get compliments when you wear stuff that you swore you would never wear again? because that always happens to me when i wear things that i pull out of the cold, drafty, cobbweb-y depths of my closet. For instance, today, I wore a top that i bought at an outlet a few years ago (I think the only reason i bought it was because it was literally 90% off). When i got home with it, i put it on again and was agahst when i looked in the mirror to see that i looked 12 months pregnant. I think this goes without saying, but it never saw life outside of my closet. Anyways, since i have been home from school, i am still living out of my suitcase and couldn't find ANYTHING to wear this morning. I resorted to the unflattering maternity-esque shirt only to be showered with compliments at work...so, i guess a big thanks goes to Max Azria, who usually makes great clothes. unfortunately, i got the short end of the stick on this one...i think maybe the pattern used was for a circus tent...

lastly, a quick anecdote; I brought my lunch in an old Louis Vuitton paper shopping bag today (it was either that or a Rite Aid plastic baggie...what was i supposed to do?) anyways, the commotion that people made over it when i got to the lunchroom was comical. they acted as if i had 10 servants following me with my lunch, fanning me with a palm branch, primping my make-up and fixing my hair...good times. oh, next time, i'm bringing the Rite Aid bag.

Stay tuned in, dearies.

1 comment:

  1. On this last read of the night, I'm turning in. My dreams will be something out of "Hair Spray" with a circus tent and a Louis Vuitton bag thrown in!!! Love the humor!

    ReplyDelete