Monday, June 14, 2010

from bad to worse.

I tucked myself in round about 9:30 last night. I set my alarm for 6 a.m., preparing to wake up with ample time to get ready -I got new eyeshadow and wanted to make sure that my smokey eye was as flawless as possible- pack my lunch and then have a nice cup of coffee, and see myself off to a smooth start at 6:50. Mind you, work starts promptly at 7:30...

yeah, not so much. I rolled over, glanced at my phone and did 17 double-takes. the time read 8:08. after i audibly said, "you have got to be kidding me," i jumped out of bed and hopped all around my room for 15 seconds, flailing my arms around like a crazy person because i didn't even know where to start.

When my heart started beating again, i frantically called my boss, WHILE getting ready AND trying to make something out of the birds nest that was my hair (needless to say, the smokey eye was a no-go, seeing as my makeup bag didn't even see the light of day)..

When i finally got downstairs, I remembered that I had to pack a lunch. yeah right. I grabbed a gallon-sized ziplock bag, and threw in an easy mac and a diet coke. the lunch of champions, no? I then sprinted to our Keurig coffee pot -a gift from the Lord, might I add- and made a quick cup of coffee WHILE giving our senile poodle his medicine. After I grabbed everything i ran out the back door, down the concrete stairs...and slipped...although i'm relatively sure that my spine is forever damaged, I jumped up and bolted for my car. to hear the familiar ding of the low gas light...

ok. enough of that. i finally made it to work, where i rolled lapel pins into small strips of bubble wrap for 7. hours. straight. it was AWESOME... the good news is, i can probably roll sushi professionally now...

One highlight of my day was getting to read my work manual that discussed, in detail, the dress code for the office. I'd say that my favorite line was, "please, no extreme fashions." I guess my dream of dressing like Lady Gaga will have to wait...

sweet dreams, dearies.

3 comments:

  1. this made me laugh...because i totally pictured the WHOLE event, right down to the little SENILE poodle. Awww...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm sure your mom won't be the only one reading this....I'm so going to keep up with your summer...you are hilarious.... wow....what a morning! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Word! I laughed out loud! I could see it all happening.

    ReplyDelete