Tuesday, June 15, 2010

not cut out for this...

Yeah, less than one week in and I can already tell that staying awake during work is going to be a big problem. I just wasn't made for this 9-5 business... or in my case, 7:30-4. now, don't get me wrong; i LOVE to file paperwork and transfer data... However, I miss the life that i led before i became a legitimate member of the work force.

Everything has been relatively uneventful for the past 24 hours, especially considering the incredible morning i had on monday. I did, however, hear Dave Ramsey speak last night...and i basically fail at life because i am the world's worst money manager (please see title of blog). seriously though, you're reading a post by a girl that once told her parents that she needed money in her account for books for school.. in my world, that translates to "i need to buy this article of clothing." (SIDENOTE: i bought a dress and i think i put it on to wear to something and then changed before i even left the house) - sick and twisted, i know.. do they have legitimate therapy for people like myself? SURELY there are others out there in the same designer boat as me, crippled by the continuous urge to shop and buy fabulous clothes...

In other news, one thing that i have come to like about my new place of employment is the fact that people "ooh and aah" over my clothes and shoes...sure, that may sound vein, but when you have 2 fashionistas for best friends (one is the Carrie-esque risk taker, the other has the whole Upper-East-Sider-that-vacations-in-the-Hamptons thing going for her), you sometimes fall between the cracks. Needless to say, yesterday when I wore my multi-colored heels, it was like i wore shoes made of solid gold. and today..oh man..today, i wore sequins. A fun little black frock with shoulders covered in black, turquoise, and magenta sequins. um, it was like Santa Clause came into the office...i'm slightly a celebrity here. nbd.

on that note, have a fabulous rest of the day, dearies.

3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! I Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hysterical!!! Oh that first REAL job!!! Keep up the blog...you'll make it as a writer if you can't find a market for sushi rollers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ger Bear,
    This is hilarious. i mean. hilarious.
    Thanks for the shout out, though, you don't give yourself enough credit, you put me to shame many a days...

    ReplyDelete