Friday, July 2, 2010

Poor, unfortunate soles...


I wouldn't wear these shoes unless someone paid me to sleep in them. I'm not doubting Christian Louboutin or his knack for producing his share of whimsical, sometimes wacky shoes. However, I think that he might have gone bananas for a few minutes when he came up with these. I saw them and almost fell over in my chair. Unless these were made for the world's most fashion-savvy pointe dancer, I'm wondering what their purpose is and who in their right mind would want to inflict this type of torture on themselves. It's not worth the well being of your feet...or legs...or lower back...

I would, however, venture to say that these would make a lovely art piece. They would look great as a sculpture of sorts, displayed as art rather than as footwear. Granted, the day that I have Louboutins as artwork in my home is far and away. Perhaps even in another galaxy, where dreams come true...

1 comment:

  1. ...finally... a Louboutin where the red sole doesn't scratch off...LoL!
    And yes, the day does arrive when you can walk into Chanel and say "the black quilted handbag please." And then you remember that their tuition is due tomorrow. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete