Friday, June 18, 2010

Old maid, rules to live by, and proof that fashion isn't always fun...

It's happened. I have always had grandma-esque tendencies -- I'm a devout believer in the power of Ponds Cold Cream, Golden Girls is one of my top 5 favorite shows and I adore the smell of gardenias--but now that i'm a working girl, i am officially a full-fledged grandmother. After i got home yesterday afternoon, I changed into my pajamas, read a magazine and took a 2 hour nap. When i woke up, i ate a half of a watermelon (no joke) for dinner and went to bed. that's all i did. All evening. Embarrassing...

Next on my agenda; Summer fashion. it's my belief that, in order to have a sense of order in your life, some small degree of style is absolutely necessary. Agreed? ok, why in the world, when summer rolls around, does all sense of style that some people once had in the cooler months goes right out the window? Girls, I know that it's hotter than Satan's very own basement outside, but please. cover up. oh and a swimsuit is NOT an outfit. if you aren't at the beach or in a pool, the swimsuit stays HOME. and guys. come on. be classy. anything sleeveless or heavily printed with skulls and crossbones and studs? no thanks. come on, we aren't on the Jersey Shore. Not a fashionista? no worries, love doves. It's safe to say that if you look like you could be on the cover of GQ, J. Crew or Ralph Lauren, you're golden.

Story time: Today at work, I wore a black dress and some cute new black patent mary jane heels (with my hair down today, might I add). After i got heavily complimented by a very sweet lady that had on a button down shirt with teddy bears on it, I was assigned to the copy room. ok, SEE YA, MARY JANE HEELS. They will never be worn again. My feet may never forgive me. By the end of the day, I was walking at the pace of an old turtle. It took me 10 minutes to get from one end of the building to the other and i was convinced that it would take me a full hour to get from my cubical on the thrid floor to my car. flip flops are all i will be wearing for the next few days. fantastic.

Have a fabulous weekend, dearies! i'll be back monday.

1 comment:

  1. ROTFL!!! Have a terrific weekend. (I am a bonefide Grandma, BTW! And if you didn't already have your quota of Grandmas, I'd claim you any day!!!)

    ReplyDelete