Sunday, June 13, 2010

here we go.

Hello darling...s

My mom may or may not be the only person that will ever read my blog, but i'm adding the "s" onto darling just to be safe.. wouldn't want to leave anyone out. So, for those of you that don't know me, i'll give you a brief rundown. I love everything that has to do with fashion; clothes, shoes, handbags, accessories, make-up, hair...EVERYTHING.

since my days as a pitifully unfortunate looking little girl- freckles, bunny teeth and long red hair. that was permed. bad.- i have always looked at the beautiful, glossy pages of fashion magazines and dreamed of someday wearing the fabulous clothes that were sprawled across the pages. Unfortunately, as i grew older and my love for fashion flourished, my budget quickly dwindled. and by dwindled, of course, i mean completely disappeared. Sure, my parents were happy to get me anything that i needed, but they were quick to let me know that saving money is something that i would need to learn how to do and that it would be beneficial for my future.

so, while they gave/give me speeches about finance, my eyes glaze over and i slip into a beautiful daydream filled with Christian Louboutin's, Manolo Blahnik's and Vogue-worthy apparel that all takes place at the beauty counter at Saks. I smile and nod and make them seem that i have a deep concern for my financial state, and most of the time I can get away with it.

Some might say that I have a little bit of a problem... sure, ok, so i like to shop. some people like to dance, or -blech- run, or play golf or go fishing. Shopping and loving fashion are my hobbies. it's what i love. so, that being said, here we go...

Let's start by saying that with me and my lack of money, i have recently become relatively thrifty. don't be mistaken, i'm no penny pincher, but i have gotten BETTER at thrifting and changing up what i already have.. until i can finally go into a store and ask for one of everything. it will be glorious...

And finally, the most exciting part; MY WORK. ya'll aren't even ready for what is to come in the following weeks. picture it; me. working. i have my own cubicle and phone and computer and everything. i'm also the only intern for the entire company, so my days are spent hopping frantically from department to department trying to make sure that everyone is happy. i'm legit.

keep in touch, dearies. i'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment