Wednesday, July 7, 2010

embarrassment beyond all belief, a (non) frugal fave, and a show that's more addictive than coke (the drink)

It happened. I thought I had taken all of the necessary precautions to avoid this disaster, but I suppose you just can’t ever be too careful…my phone went off in the office-wide morning prayer time today. I thought that it was a dream at first and then, when Jason Derulo wouldn’t shut up, I jumped from my seat and ran to my purse as fast as I have ever run (faster than the time I was chased by the guy in the “Scream” mask and faster than the morning that I was late to work and faster than the time in the field when me and a friend saw a rat). My face felt so hot that I thought it was going to melt off of my body, time moved like cold molasses and I hoped that death would just go ahead and take me…everyone got a good, long glance as I made the (what seemed like) miles-long walk of shame back to my seat. And I think my FAVORITE part about this entire fiasco is the fact that it wasn’t even an important phone call… it was the pharmacy letting me know that my prescription was ready. Stupid Walgreens…

In other news, I took a much anticipated journey to Sephora last night. I know that they say that Disney World is the happiest place on earth, but I’m convinced that the person that said that had never been to Sephora. I only go when I have funds, because, after all, what’s the fun in shopping if you can only browse? (I have somewhat fallen off of the frugalista band wagon, if you hadn’t already picked up on that) Anyways, I am not brand loyal to many things; I am a product junkie. If I see it in a magazine or on a mesmerizing display case at a department store, I’ll probably buy it. Who am I kidding… if the packaging is pretty or it smells good, I’ll buy it. I am excited---I know that’s weird, to be “excited” to test something that I bought at Sephora, but bear with…it’s the little things---to try the new hair treatment that I picked up last night. Apparently, it’s supposed to make my hair resist humidity, cutting down on the cotton candy effect that I mentioned a few days ago. I’ll let you know how that one turns out. Skincare is a little different for me, as my skin is fair and relatively sensitive, so I tend to stick with my strict Clarins regiment (although I play around occasionally with different products every now and then.) There is one thing, however, that I am fiercely loyal to. Its availability used to be limited, but, thankfully, Sephora started carrying it a few years ago. It has consistently been one of their best selling items, and for good reason. Now, the price tag is a little on the expensive side, so it’s a rare treat for me to get it. However, it’s like buying perfect skin. MD Skincare: Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel wipes are the best thing to ever happen to my face. I was scared at first when my dermatologist recommended them to me because the word “peel” intimidates both me and my sensitive skin. However, these are so gentle and yet so effective. They are made for any and all skin types and all ages. I know that I sound like an infomercial but believe me when I say that they are wondrous. Go buy them.




Lastly; ok, I know that some people that may be reading this perhaps “don’t watch television” (……yeah. ok) but whatever you say... I’m just going to go ahead and let all of you down gently; my family is not one of those families that doesn’t watch tv. And, to researcher’s surprise, we’re extremely tight-knit and (relatively) normal. I actually quite enjoy it—I think it’s our witty commentary that peppers the entire show. And don’t you worry; we have PLENTY of time to bond sans-television on the many road adventures that we take a few times each month. They’re a blast. Ok, done with that soapbox; here lately, I have recently become unhealthily obsessed with the show Criminal Minds. I want to BE them (the sleuths, of course, not the crazed criminals that kill with no regard). I have marathon watching evenings with my dad..we record multiple episodes and then sit down and knock them all out at once. It’s weird, I know, but let’s face it; it’s not like either one of us are going to go outside in the heat…

2 comments:

  1. i loved it when you bought those MD Skincare peel pads...i stole them as often as it would look like I wasn't stealing them. :) love me

    ReplyDelete