Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Almost done, almost done, almost done...

I’m officially on the (extremely) long home stretch towards the end of my fabulous career as an intern. I would say that it’s a bittersweet feeling, but it’s actually just sweet. Syrupy sweet, really. Just imagine with me, if you will, no more 5:45 a.m. wake up’s, no more driving 30 minutes each way to and from work, no more mind-numbing boredom from 7:30-4 every SINGLE day… ahh, bliss.


Speaking of misery, I’m curious: is it possible for good things happen to good people when it rains? First of all, I’m just going to make a brief observation that, through years of experience, I have found to be 100% true: When it is raining like cats and dogs outside, everything should just be cancelled - work, school, church, etc. because it’s impossible to do everything. First off, it’s like pulling teeth to force yourself up from your warm, soft, cloud-like bed to go get in the stupid shower. Second, once you actually open your eyes enough to see what you are doing and are somewhat ready, you should just face it; it’s raining, so you are bound to look rough - i.e., my hair, make-up and overall wardrobe appearance today. Also, may I just say that I hate life when the bottom of my pants gets wet from walking in the rain? It’s the same feeling as trying to dry off with a damp towel when you go to the beach. Ick.
Another observation that I have made is the fact that when you are looking forward to something, the days move at a glacial pace. On Saturday, I am leaving glorious Brentwood for exactly 3 weeks to gallivant through Georgia and Florida with some of my best friends and family. It’s going to be splendid. However, I honestly don’t know if I am going to be able to hold my head up at work anymore today (oh yeah, btw, I blog AT work. That bored.) much less tomorrow, Thursday AND Friday. It’s asking too much. Sigh…


I did get new make-up this weekend, which was an unexpected treat. Truly, getting new make-up for me is like sending a child into a candy store and saying, “go for it.” In addition, I bought something so wonderful that it needs it’s own Nobel Peace Prize. Seriously. I know that in my previous post, I revealed that I was not very brand loyal, but there are a handful of items out there that need some sort of medal in recognition of their greatness. I am speaking of Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder. Other than Aussie Instant Freeze (the best hairspray in the history of all hairspray), this is the only thing that I buy over and over to use on my hair. It absorbs oil, makes styling super easy, and gives you instant body (something that a southern girl like me is always in need of). I’m obsessed.




More later, as usual. Happy Tuesday dearies

No comments:

Post a Comment