Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Dumb Idea & A True Story...

I have lost my ever loving mind. I wore a sweater to work today. Need I say more? I’m dumb.

In other news, my bonus room is haunted.

… Ok, so, for those of you that know me or have been to my house, this isn’t really breaking news. However, I was reminded of this again last night. There is not a doubt in my mind that every ghost ever lives in there. And sometimes I think that a few killers stay overnight on occasion. I’m telling you…my house gives me the creeps. And I love my house. It’s just no place that you want to be alone at night in the dark. Because of this, you have to very tactfully decide how you are going to fall asleep…it’s not an easy task, but over the course of 12 years, I’m starting to get it down. I’m giving you these (seemingly) superfluous details as a running start to the anecdote that I am about to tell… aka “night of terror.” So, my brother now sleeps in our bonus room, as his room will soon be our guest room. Anyways, he has a mattress in there, but other than that being added, everything else about the room is the same; big, dark, shadowy, scary and – for some reason – quiet as anything -- Another charming feature of this room is the fact that you have to walk a GOOD 6 or 7 feet into it until you reach a light switch. Which, what’s the point? If a masked murderer or a family member that has been dead for 31 years is waiting on you, they are going to be looking you dead in the eye once you finally reach the light. Brilliant design plan -- Yesterday, upon my arrival home from work, I had to go in there to get something out of one of the two storage closets on either side. Being in there in the day is a little like being in a cemetery in the day; still kinda makes your skin crawl but you don’t want to run for dear life – (also, my brother isn’t here this week, so it’s extra spine-chilling since a real, living person isn’t sleeping in there). So, last night before I tucked myself in, I realized that, when I had gone in there earlier, I left my phone charger on a shelf in the storage room……My mom was already in bed and my dad wasn’t home, so I only had two options: go in and risk my life OR leave my phone charger, let my phone die, not hear my alarm to wake up for work, etc. I figured that either way, I was going to lose. So I decided to make a run for it. Literally. I usually try to make my trips into the deep, dark crypt as quick as possible, but last night, I was extra fast. I would be surprised if my feet actually touched the floor. Interesting side-note: although my 12 year old nearly-blind poodle is of no real assistance in the security department, I figured that I would carry him with me…you know, to confuse the ghosts. Or to toss into the darkness as a distraction just in case I heard something. Luckily, I was able to get in, get my charger, and get out (in 10 seconds flat) and was able to bring myself AND the poodle out in one piece. I heard the floor creak 4 times before I fell asleep (no big, except for the fact that NOBODY WAS HOME TO WALK AROUND) and I am 99.9% positive that I heard a blood curdling scream right outside my window. So, even though it was 720 degrees in my room, I slept with the covers up to my eyeballs. I’m just glad I lived through the night…

I think that’s enough fun for one day, no?
Have a fab Wednesday, lovelies. And sweet dreams…

No comments:

Post a Comment