Saturday, August 14, 2010

Packing is Hard, Growing Up is Harder, and It's STILL Hot Out...

Well well well. It's saturday and I make the journey back to uber chic Cleveland, Tennessee tomorrow morning. Have I packed yet? No. Have I started to think about packing. No. To be honest, I'm not even sure that I have enough bags to bring all of the things that i have accumulated over the summer. The good news, I am seasoned in stuffing suitcases to beyond their maximum capacity. Sure, I may have to sit on one or two, but at least I'll get it all packed.

I am headed back to Cleveland to, of course, start my senior year at school. So. Weird. I'm nervous and excited and scared and thrilled all at the same time. Ready? Of course not. But I suppose you can never really "prepare" too much to become a real adult. However, I'm ESPECIALLY not ready. Why? Well, let me just put it this way. As you all know (from the very title of this blog) I cannot save/ manage money to save my life. Overdraft fees used to be (not anymore, because my bank has now forbidden me to overdraw...thank goodness) a weekly thing for me. One time, I got 5 overdraft notices in one week. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my parents plotted my death. And while I would like to think that I possess some maturity in certain aspects of life (not so much finances yet, but I'm working on it..), I can't help but think of the time that my best friend and I decided to get a puppy. Yeah. I know. It was last summer. She was presh. A little yellow lab (mix, i think, but I digress) and she was so mild-mannered...at the pound. After about 12 hours, we figured out that she was Satan's dog. We kept her for 8 days. ANYWAYS, all that to say; I can't even keep a dog. what makes me think that I can be a real-life adult??? ugh. If i think about it too much, I'll get a stomach ulcer...

On another note, I heard on the radio today that the heat index tomorrow is supposed to be 107. Degrees. SERIOUSLY? That's practically the temperature that water boils at. It's my personal belief that humans weren't intended to withstand this sort of heat and wretched humidity. But maybe that's just me...

On that note, I'm off to pack. And do laundry. And go on a last-minute Target run. Which, may I just say that Target is the superstore of champions. There are definitely Targets in Heaven. Ok, I'm done.

Happy Saturday, love doves. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment